31090051

Hello,Can you tell me if I should still pay my property

Can you tell me if I should still pay my property solicitor there fees after they forgot to say I had a noted interest. I was about to accept the deal when the noted interest called me and asked why they were not being considered for the sale of the house. When I told my solicitor this they dropped me as a customer and handed it over to another property solicitor.

House was then sold and I paid the new solicitor fees etc. Now four months have passed and I have just received a bill from the old solicitor saying that I own 1% of the sale of the property and the advertising fees.

Where do I stand in this situation. I still have all emails to show they messed up and handed me over to the other solicitor.

Tony
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

If they ceased to act for you then they have terminated the contract and are not entitled to their fees. I presume the emails you have support this position. Tell them that they are not due their fee and if they persist report them to the Scottish Legal Complaints Commission.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.