31090051

I booked a short stay in Vienna using expedia. It cost £1,194.20

I booked a short stay in Vienna using expedia. It cost £1,194.20 for two inclusive of Flights and Hotel. Lufthansa went on strike on the scheduled date of Departure - 2nd April 2014. I contacted expedia and had a series of phone calls on which I was frequently cut off - given no sensible answers - put on hold - no response. They ie Expedia insist that enquiries are made by telephone not by email! At last on day two I was assured that refunds would be processed by Lufthansa and themselves. Lufthansa refunded the Flight costs within a few days. Unfortunately, I went into hospital and I discovered that no refund had come from Expedia had been made. I have sent emails asking them to do as promised and forward the sum of approx £832.00. Responses are confused and keep referring to Lufthansa but no reference to the outstanding sum. Please help and advise
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

Did you pay by credit card?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes. Barclaycard Visa

Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
In that case report it to your credit card company. They are jointly liable with Expedia to refund you under consumer credit legislation. That will be much easier than suing Expedia.

Happy to discuss further.