31090051

I have been accused of assault at work. I think i have been

I have been accused of assault at work. I think i have been set up, there are no witnesses to this alleged assault. Now the guy has worded a strong letter to my company, thus putting presure on them to have me sacked. What can i do about this ?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

You should fight fire with fire and instigate a grievance against thIs employee on the basis that he has made a false accusation against you. Your application to instigate the grievance procedure should clearly narrate that this allegation has been made without any evidence against you and in your opinion is to set you up for dismissal.

Your employer has to follow the grievance procedure and investigate your complaint thoroughly and reach a decision on the evidence. The employer has to act fairly and reasonably. If there is no evidence, it's unlikely that he can do anything other than to uphold the grievance in your favour.

I assume there is no disciplinary history which could stand against you.

Happy to discuss further.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.