31090051

I was in court a few month ago and paid just over £6000 solitors

I was in court a few month ago and paid just over £6000 solitors fees the case was thrown out due to the victim saying I was not the person who assaulted him so I was wrongfully accused is there any way I can claim my money back as I had do nothing wrong?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

There is no procedure whereby you can ask the state to refund your legal costs.

However, if the complainer acted dishonestly and in bad faith you would have a case to claim damages for the amount you had to pay. You would have to raise an ordinary action in the sheriff court. In addition to the sum sued for you could also claim interest at 8% and judicial expenses to offset against the solicitors fees you would have to pay during the course of the action.

Happy to discuss further.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.