31090051

I got a dog from a charity 3.5 years ago and paid a stipulated

I got a dog from a charity 3.5 years ago and paid a stipulated donation of £200, also signed a form which said I would have her neutered.
There was 1 follow up phonecall after 2 days and then no follow up from the charity.
I have not had her neutered and she is now pregnant.
I told the instructor at the training classes I attend that she came through the charity as this person has recently taken on a role in the dog charity.
They knew the bitch was not neutered, knew I had got a unneutered male and said nothing.
I told this person that the bitch is pregnant and she initially demanded that we have the pups aborted then suggested that the charity could take back my dog.
I have agreed that she can select homes for the pups and that the charity can receive donations for the pups.
I would like to now if the charity have any legal rights to tell me what to do with my dog and her pups. They have no welfare concerns.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

The charity has no right to tell you what to do with the pups. They can continue to insist that you get the dog neutered and you entered into a contract to that effect and you are in breach of that contract, although it has to be said, it is unlikely that the charity itself has suffered any loss as a result of such a breach.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for that, I can't remember the detail of the paper I signed and no longer have a copy. I doubt that the charity still have it either. If it said I must not breed form the dog does that give them any rights to the pups?

Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
No, not unless the contract specifically says so.