31090051

my niece stays with me and is part owner of a property one

my niece stays with me and is part owner of a property one of the owners has rented out the property for the past year and owes my niece approx. £3000 pounds and refuses to pay her. the problem is he is her legal guardian and my niece has stayed with my wife and I since her mother died. I am unable to take a small claim to court on her behalf as I am not her legal guardian she is only 16 years old
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

Your niece can appoint you as her attorney. You could then deal with any case on her behalf.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I'm sure that in Scottish courts that the pursuer of the small claim my niece has to be at least 18 before she can raise the action and appoint a Solicitor
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
No, 16.