How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 11745
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

My wifes daughters partner owns a property jointly with his

Resolved Question:

My wifes daughters partner owns a property jointly with his ex partner. She does not keep the property in good order and is not cooperating with its sale. Meanwhile he must continue oaying £300 per month. How can this be resolved.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

He can raise a court action against her for an order for the sale of the house under the supervision of the court. This action is called division and sale. The court would order a valuation of the property and appoint an estate agent to act in the sale and a lawyer to deal with the legal work. If she didn't cooperate, the court could find her in contempt and deal with her accordingly.

He will need to instruct a solicitor to deal with the case for him.

Happy to discuss further.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your reply. You have answered my question to my satisfaction. Best regards.
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
Thank for your reply. Don't forget to rate my answer on the system so that I'm credited for my time.
JGM and 2 other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you