31090051

My wifes daughters partner owns a property jointly with his

My wifes daughters partner owns a property jointly with his ex partner. She does not keep the property in good order and is not cooperating with its sale. Meanwhile he must continue oaying £300 per month. How can this be resolved.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

He can raise a court action against her for an order for the sale of the house under the supervision of the court. This action is called division and sale. The court would order a valuation of the property and appoint an estate agent to act in the sale and a lawyer to deal with the legal work. If she didn't cooperate, the court could find her in contempt and deal with her accordingly.

He will need to instruct a solicitor to deal with the case for him.

Happy to discuss further.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your reply. You have answered my question to my satisfaction. Best regards.
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
Thank for your reply. Don't forget to rate my answer on the system so that I'm credited for my time.