31090051

Hi me and my wife spilt up 5 months ago and our daughter came

Customer Question

Hi me and my wife spilt up 5 months ago and our daughter came with me. Zara has been with me for most of the time but has stayed wither her mother too. Now my wife has fallen out with me and said I am not getting to see my daughter now. Where do I stand with that
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

What age is Zara?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Zara is 7 she will be 8 in November. Zara wants to stay with me all the time . It is me who makes Zara stay with her mum.
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
Zara is too young to have her views taken into account on a formal basis by a court but what is important is that she has been staying with you and your wife has essentially "snatched" her from your care.

You need to go to court to get a residence order and an order preventing your wife from interfering with your care.

See a lawyer specialising in family law immediately.

Happy to discuss further.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have a appointment on the 22nd of this month with one. Is there any thing I can do just now my wife has told Zara I have a sick bug just now
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
The isn't much you can do other than speak with your wife.

The 22nd is quite far away. That is ridiculous. You should be able to get an earlier appointment than that with a family solicitor. If my office offered appointments that distance in the future we would not have any clients!