31090051

i recently puchased a football top from jd sports, it was delivered

i recently puchased a football top from jd sports, it was delivered and i could see no damage to the plastic wrapping, on opening the parcel and inspecting the top i could see 4 small slash marks on the top, i sent it back to the company and they sent a standard reply that addressed to someone else,stating thatthe damge was caused by me, i phoned their customer service,informed then that i wouldnot use a sharp implement to open a parcel,and if i had it would have been a straight cut across the top, not stabbed in the middle, and was told to send it back again and they would inspect, today i received the same standard response, that i had caused the damage an no refund would be due, can you advise if i have any rights of recompense.(scots law) thanks
graeme mooney
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

The have no evidence that you caused the damage and are making an assumption with nothing to back it up.

You can reject the item and claim your money back, in the small claim court if necessary.

Happy to discuss further.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you i had though about the small claims court, but it nearly 30 toraise the claim,top only worth 55, but useless with holes in it!how would i be best to word my next letter to the?, even if you could give me a couple of buzz words that would make them re- think their decision. thanks

Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
Tell them you have taken legal advice. Tell them the goods are not of satisfactory quality and refer them to section 14 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979.