31090051

I live in Edinburgh. I have a mortgage with my partner in

I live in Edinburgh. I have a mortgage with my partner in both our names. We have had it two years. I want to end the relationship. Since the beginning of our mortgage i paid the deposit (but didn't get letter confirming this) and have paid all repayments, bills etc. Actually everything to the running of the flat. He has not been working and never contributed. Where do I stand. He is very controlling and this is a lot of my fear.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

He would be liable to reimburse you for the contribution you made under the legal principal of unjust enrichment. In other words, because the relationship is at an end it would be unjust that he benefits from your contribution to the property.

If the property is sold you would claim everything back that you have put into the property including his half share of mortgage etc that he didn't pay at the time.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.