31090051

I am getting a divorce and my husbands solicitor has sent me

I am getting a divorce and my husbands solicitor has sent me a case that is similar to
Ours and it has the names and addresses on the legal paperwork of the people which live within 50miles is this right I would not want my legal documents sent to anybody I find this totally unacceptable am I right
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
If he has sent you court papers or a judgment, these are matters of public record and the solicitor has done nothing wrong. Some legal cases are reported as precedents and can be found online easily. Most family cases are not, however, unless:
1. They go to a full hearing where a judgment is written.
2. The case involves a new or novel point of law.
If your case involves a similarity to an earlier case then the point is no longer new or novel and presumably would not require a full hearing before a judge.
Happy to discuss further.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.