31090051

Hi the mother of my daughter also dose not let me have my daughter

Customer Question

Hi the mother of my daughter also dose not let me have my daughter staying overnight. And i hand the mother money for my daughter. Can i get overnight stays, my daughter 2 years old.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
If the mother refuses to let you have overnight stays and you think this would be in the best interests of your daughter you could apply to the court for a residential contact order which is a court order for overnight visits.
You would have to show the court that you have proper accommodation for your daughter and that you would be able to look after her overnight and that the visit would not be upsetting for her not being with her mother.
In some cases, the court may find that two years of age is too young for a child to be away from her mother overnight, although every case is dealt with on its own facts.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.