31090051

We scattered a small amount of my dads ashes at the cottages

We scattered a small amount of my dads ashes at the cottages where he was born,we informed the owner after we had done this.A week and a half later they have asked us to remove them.we are talking a very small amount .In the evening it rained all night
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.The only crime you could be charged with here is littering and that is very unlikely. In any event the rain will have soaked the ashes into the ground. Cremation ash is a powder as you know. I would have no further contact with the owners and it is likely that their dissatisfaction will blow over.You may have acted unwisely here but you have not broken any serious laws nor is there any civil law remedy that they could realistically take.I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.