31090051

my landlord (cooperative) is redoing the heating system and

my landlord (cooperative) is redoing the heating system and delivered a contract for me to sign on the Friday before they started work on my flat on the Monday. They say its a standard contract but there is a clause saying that they can force entry to my flat for routine maintenance having only given me 24 hours notice in writing. Obviously no problems if its an emergency but can they do this for routine stuff? Can I just score this section out?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
They can't force you to sign a contract which is unfair not can a landlord force entry at any time without giving proper notice, typically 14 days or more, and certainly not 24 hours, unless in an emergency.
Score it out before you sign and make sure you keep a copy.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.