31090051

I am paid a small salary and the rest of my salary is paid

I am paid a small salary and the rest of my salary is paid from money from a share sales and purchase agreement. The amounts are on a schedule and due to be paid on the 28th of each month. This agreement was for Company A buying the shares of Company B
I have had my small amount paid but the larger amount (from the share sale purchase agreement) has not been paid and the excuse given is that company B isn't doing to well financially so basically you will have to wait although Company A the purchaser of the company b shares is doing very well
Can this non payment be done
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
No they can't do this, assuming there is nothing about payment under the SPA being conditional on B's performance.
In the absence of such a provision A is in breach of the SPA and could be sued as such.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited time.