31090051

Private Cars are Parking opposite my Lock up Garage restricting

Private Cars are Parking opposite my Lock up Garage restricting my normal access and making it more difficult, (using more forward and reverse turns), in order to gain entry and exit.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
This is a common law nuisance and may also be in breach of title conditions. You would be entitled to take action in court to stop them parking there. You would have to know who the people are of course for the purpose of serving papers in addition to which the cost of court proceedings may make this step prohibitive.
I have clients who find that a small sticker in the middle of the windscreen requesting "no parking" is of effect, especially if the sticker is difficult to remove. There is nothing about this as long as no permanent damage is done to the vehicle.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.