31090051

ive ask the council if they would sell me a bit of land 5mx14m

ive ask the council if they would sell me a bit of land 5mx14m next to my house,they said yes £3000, £100 for deed plan,and meet all legal fees in this transaction,what are the legal fees,would i be paying the councils solicitor,would i need to get a solicitor, what would it cost
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
The council are looking for you to pay their legal fees and you would also have to pay your own solicitor. Legal fees are a competitive market and you would have to get specific quotes but typically expect to pay the council's legal fees at about £500 plus VAT and searches of about £40. Your own legal fees would be about £600 plus VAT and registration fees of £60.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.