31090051

Factoring Charges in Scotland. My son was in arrears and was

Factoring Charges in Scotland.
My son was in arrears and was being taken to Court. I paid arrears and Court expenses. Factors are now saying they put solicitors fee into his account as a credit and used it against another invoice 2 months later. I have email saying account was clear so how can it be in credit and used against another invoice. Surely the credit balance should have paid solicitors or been returned to my son
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Their accounting is not correct from what you say. They should have charged their solicitor's account to the credit balance thus bringing the account to zero presumably. Later charges should just have been charged in the usual way. It is bad bookkeeping to credit an account and then debit it with something for which the credit was not intended.
Does it make any cash difference at the end of the day, though if the charges are all legitimate?
Happy to discuss further.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.