31090051

Ive been charged with drunk and incapable with a child. Will

Ive been charged with drunk and incapable with a child. Will I go to court and what are the possible outcomes?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
This could go to court. It could also be dealt with under an alternative to prosecution and the PF may refer the case to the social work department to deal with.
If it goes to court the outcomes are a fine, deferred sentence probation with a supervision requirement or an admonition.
What happens and what the disposal is depends on how serious the matter was and any consequences.
Happy to discuss further if I can assist.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Social work have already been out and im awaiting their outcome. I dont feel it will go further with them.

This was clearly poor judgement on my behalf.

how long will I have to wait to find out if it is going to court?

Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
Typically it can take up to six months for the procurator fiscal to decide whether to prosecute or not.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

In the mean time should I just sit tight or instruct a solicitor?

there will be consequences also in relation to my employment, will these go ahead if a decisiin hasnt been reached by the pf or is that down to my employer?

thanks

Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
Unless and until proceedings are taken I would not instruct a solicitor nor should you concern your employer with this.