31090051

I deposited £15 to betways and they have taken £1500 from my

I deposited £15 to betways and they have taken £1500 from my account on checking the balance it said over £1000 but on trying to withdraw the funds it said the money that was there was bonus money and it did say on their website get £1000 free bonus funds so when I could not withdraw the funds I gathered it was the free funds now betways are saying I deposited the £1500 and I tried to explain to them if it was funds from my account then I should have been able to withdraw it but couldn't as it said bonus funds they are now refusing to give me my money back which I have explained to them are the funds for my fathers funeral who died 4 weeks ago . I would be much obliged if you could help me resolve this .
Thanks Angele Trainer
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Are you saying that Betways took £1500 from your bank account instead of the £15 you authorised?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes they took £1500 from my account ,on the balance of the betways site it was over the thousand pounds balance so I did think it was a mistake and I tried to withdraw the money thinking it was from my account, but it would not allow me to withdraw the money saying that it was bonus money so the money was played and now betways are saying I deposited £1500 to play which I did not and I have tried explaining to them if that was my money how come I could not withdraw it from the account . They advertise on their site £1000 free bonus money to play with when you register so when I could not withdraw the funds I surmised that it was the free welcome money that was being used to play with and now they have taken it from my bank account.

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
So you played your money, lost it and what is in the account is what they now term bonus money?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There was over a thousand pound in the betting account but it was saying it was bonus funds and I was concerned it came from my account so I tried to withdraw the money but it would not let me saying I had no funds to withdraw that the funds were bonus funds and now they have taken £1500 from my bank account.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

if you go to google and type in betway casino it tells you £1000 free bonus money to play with which is what they gave me ,but then took £1500 from my bank account

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** a look. They can't do what they've done under Uk law. You're difficulty here is that they're registered and licensed in Malta. It could be expensive to instruct a lawyer over there from the UK.
I suggest you go to dispute resolution via www.ecogra.org/srs/dispute.php
Experience: 30 years as a practising solicitor.