31090051

I admitted to making a false entry on an application form to

I admitted to making a false entry on an application form to compete as a navigator in a national B tarmac stage rally to the MSA .My case went to a Motorsports National court and I was banned form motorsport competition for 5 years which I accept but I was fined £500.00 payable within 7 days which I would have difficulty in paying.I have never competed in motorsport before and will have no intention in the future .this was a one off with a friend
I suffer from diabetes and falsely claimed not to have the condition,should I pay this fine or not,can it be enforced
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
This fine can't be enforced through the normal judicial channels as it wasn't imposed by a recognised court.
The fine is contractual in nature which could only be enforced as a civil penalty against someone who had contracted to submit to the rules of the association unless the rules provide, or you agreed, that any decision could be registered for enforcement. I can find nothing in the Judicial Procedures of the MSA to that effect.
In short, I doubt that they will enforce the fine if you are having nothing more to do with them in the future.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.