31090051

Can a partner use copies of text messages in a court of law

Can a partner use copies of text messages in a court of law as evidence of infidelity?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
Yes, text messages are admissible in a divorce case, as part of the evidence taken as a whole, not in isolation.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The text messages referred to in my last question was photographed off of my partners phone. The texts were between my partner and a person with whom a clandestine affair had been going on for a considerable time without my knowledge. We are taking legal action for custody / partial custody of our children. It may be beneficial to my case if these texts can be used as evidence. ( evidence taken as a whole, not in isolation).

There is also a property dispute to resolve in the near future. I may contact you at a later date on this aspect.

We are not married.