31090051

Hi on behalf of my mother I would like to know the next steps

Hi on behalf of my mother I would like to know the next steps to take due to landlord negligence resulting in my mother getting carbon monoxide poisoning due to a now condemned boiler, having to moving out of her home with nowhere provided for her to live and having to take time off of work due to illness and travel expense. Please if anyone can help it would be much appreciated.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
Your mother has a claim for damages and could sue the landlord through the civil courts. She may also want to submit an application to the Private Rented Housing Panel which can order repairs and impose penalties. See www.prhpscotland.gov.uk. She could also report the landlord to the local council and they can threaten to remove his landlord registration.
Happy to discuss further.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your time and advice it has reaffirmed what I thought she should do. thank you for getting back to me so soon.