31090051

My employer has decided to change the financial agreement for

My employer has decided to change the financial agreement for Voluntary Severance pay 2 months after I signed a previous agreement. Where do I stand with challenging this legally. It concerns their mistake with calculations on my pension lump sum agreement.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
Subject to any specific provision in the contract you have with them to the contrary, an employer can't change a contract or vary it unilaterally without the consent of you as the other party.
You should be resisting any attempt to change this on the basis that their error is nothing to do with you and you have already agreed the deal.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Experience: 30 years as a practising solicitor.