31090051

My wife has a brain tumor diagnosed on 22 July 2014 had brain

Customer Question

My wife has a brain tumor diagnosed on 22 July 2014 had brain surgery and 30 treatments of radiotherapy as you may imagine she is not in great health or completely sound of mind after this ordeal on visiting her bank the teller asked if she would like to see the manager regarding a loan he sighted my wife up for a 15000 pound loan although being a staff member and was already on long term sick leave with little chance of a return to work where do I stand legally as her husband
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
As your wife's husband you don't have any locus to interfere with her financial arrangements unless you hold power of attorney. What is it that you want to achieve here?
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
my wife is terminally illand has very little income was the bank at fault for not checking her work status and health and am I now responsable for the debt
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
There are cases which have been successful where the bank have not properly lent to a customer. Are you able to establish that your wife was incapable of properly understanding the nature and effect of the loan transaction?
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
For the avoidance of doubt, you are not personally responsible for the debt.