31090051

Is a signed quote by the purchaser legally binding when the

Is a signed quote by the purchaser legally binding when the contact has not been signed
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I was going to purchase a holiday lodge, but when I got the contract I made the decision to withdraw for two reasons

1. I considered the Lodge to be heavily over priced once I had looked at the market but had in may 2014 signed the quote from the sellers and I believed I could get a better deal else where.

2. when the contract arrived the missives where not as were explained at the beginning for instance I was told that I could rent it out but the missives stated that I could not that is just one example.

In any event I told the sellers I was pulling out .

In any event where do I stand with this situation now having signed the quote and not the contract?

Kind Regards

Keith

Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
You are not bound by this contract in the absence of concluded missives. A contract for the sale or purchase of heritable property must be in writing and there has to be an offer and acceptance. What you signed appears more akin to a reservation rather than a contract.