31090051

Hi My cat is fighting with a neighbours two cats and she

My cat is fighting with a neighbour's two cats and she is now threatening me with legal action. She says I must keep my cat indoors, which is impossible, or build it an outdoor pen! My cat comes home with the same scratches & wounds that hers probably have. He is a male cat but was castrated when he was old enough.
My neighbour is becoming a pest, harassing me with phone calls and visits, which my 2 children are now finding distressing.
Where do I stand legally on this matter?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
The SSPCA officer is correct and the CAB are wrong. She will not get a court order and no competent lawyer would attempt to get one.
Cats fighting is something that you can't be held responsible for. They are cats. They are allowed to roam. They fight.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for that reassurance. My cat once got in through my neighbours window and the cats fought. Am I liable for this incident or is it still a case of cats roaming?
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
You are not liable for this. They would have to establish that you were negligent in some way.