31090051

HI THERE, I LIVE IN PRIVATE FURNISHED PROPERTY, I HAVE BEEN

HI THERE,
I LIVE IN PRIVATE FURNISHED PROPERTY, I HAVE BEEN HERE FOR 3 YEARS, THE CARPETS AND LIVING ROOM SUITE , ARE WORN AND I FEEL NEED REPLACING, IS THIS MY RESPONSIBILITY OR THE LANDLORDS
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
Your landlord is legally responsible for replacing or repairing fixtures, fittings, appliances and furnishings that become unusable or dangerous due to normal wear and tear. This includes carpets and the suite.
You should report any damage to items provided by your landlord through everyday wear and tear as soon as possible. They should repair or replace the items within a reasonable time.
Your tenancy agreement should say whether your landlord has to replace worn out or damaged furniture that isn't actually unsafe or unusable, but your landlord is legally responsible for ensuring that the fixtures, fittings, appliances and furnishings they provide are in working order and safe to use even if the tenancy agreement doesn't provide for this.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.