31090051

My Dad is Executor of my late Uncle's will. My mum is a 50%

My Dad is Executor of my late Uncle's will. My mum is a 50% beneficiairy and so is an aunt. The lawyer is co-executor but is demandign the kesy within the week from my Dad to get the house sold on the open market against our wishes. We have not had isuses addressed and the lawyer says he'll call in a Sheriff to get the keys in a week's time.
Can he do this as he is refusing to discuss the matter?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
It is quite unusual for a solicitor to behave this way against the wishes of another executor and all of the beneficiaries.
Law Society of Scotland guidelines are that the solicitors should resign if the family want him to do so. You may want to call the Law Society directly about this and come back to me if I can help further. 0131(###) ###-####
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear JGM

Thank you for a prompt and helpful reply. The behaviour of this lawyer is both bullying and confrontational and my parents feel worried where they can go to deal with this. We will contact the Law Society and maybe call you back if required as we need some reassurance we are doign nothing wrong in this process

I extend my gratitude for your advice

sincere thanks

John Hunter