31090051

On the 26th Aug. I asked: Can a partner use copies of text

On the 26th Aug. I asked: Can a partner use copies of text messages in a court of law as evidence of infidelity?
You answered:Yes, text messages are admissible in a divorce case, as part of the evidence taken as a whole, not in isolation. I have paid for your reply.
I extended my question on 12th. Sept.
The text messages referred to in my last question was photos off of my partners partners phone. The texts were between my partner and a person with whom a clandestine affair had been going on for a considerable time without my knowledge.We are taking legal action for custody/partial custody of our children. It may be beneficial to my case if these texts can be used as evidence. (evidence taken as a whole, not in isolation).
There is also a property dispute to resolve in the near future. I may contact you on this aspect at a later date.
We are not married.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
JGM : Thank you for contacting me again. Do you have any question for me at this stage or do you simply want to contact me again in the future. If so simply ask that your quescion be dealt with by JGM.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear JGM,

Thanks for help to date, but I am still awaiting an answer to the second part of my question.

Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
Sorry, can you clarify the second part of your question and I will deal with it for you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The texts messages referred to in my previous question were texts photographed off of my partners phone. The question was, can I use them in evidence in a court of law.

I expanded the question on my second message to a 13 line question. Did you receive it?.

Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
I didn't receive a thirteen line question from you, no.
However, the phone or photos from the phone can be used in evidence. You would have to give evidence as to having received the messages or at least how the messages came to your attention.
Happy to discuss further.