31090051

How do I raise a court order to inspect my ballot paper?

Customer Question

Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
Such an application can only be made on certain restricted grounds. See the following link for this:
http://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/__data/assets/word_doc/0005/142079/Guidance-on-the-retention-and-inspection-of-election-documents-SLG.doc
The application to the Sheriff Principal is made by way of summary application which is a type of court procedure where a petition type document is drafted and lodged with the court and served on interested parties. There is no standard form available and for this reason the application should be drafted by a solicitor or other person knowledgeable about the drafting of court documents.
The procedure is regulated by the court but generally would involve a procedural hearing to give all parties the chance to lodge any Answers to the application followed by a hearing on the evidence before the sheriff principal.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.