31090051

I've just been informed today by the CSA that I am no longer

I've just been informed today by the CSA that I am no longer entitled to any maintenance payments for my 17 year old daughter as she has started a degree course at university. My daughter is still living at home and is financially dependant on me. Her father will not pay a penny unless legally bound to do so. Is there any way I can compel him to make a financial contribution to her upkeep?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Your daughter can claim maintenance directly from her father either via CSA or if they decline jurisdiction, which I think is wrong, your daughter can apply for legal aid and sue her father for aliment in the sheriff court.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.