31090051

dear sir i was working in shetland nov 13 and on a clear road

dear sir
i was working in shetland nov 13 and on a clear road at 8am on a saturday 60 mph limit i overtook a car but to overtake quickly i touched 85 mph and then slowed to 60mph, a patrol car hidden from view pulled me and said if id been doing 70 to 75 that would have been alright but not 85mph in my view the idea is to overtake as quickly as possible, i was fined £100 and 3 points which i find unfair
yours terry quinn
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
What do you find unfair about this when you were 25mph over the speed limit? There is no law that allows you to exceed the speed limit when overtaking. The £100 fine and three penalty points is a minimum penalty.
Assuming that you agree that you were doing that speed, then that really is an end of the matter.