31090051

I recently appealed a HMO refusal, to the Edinburgh Sheriff.

Customer Question

I recently appealed a HMO refusal, to the Edinburgh Sheriff. The problem is I have no idea what goes on when the matter is actually tested. If I have to go through this, how might get to know what the Council's expences typically have been. And assuming court proceedings are public how might i get to know when appeals are being heard?
SA
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
As regards ***** ***** are based on a scale of charges laid down by statutory instrument. See the following link:
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ssi/2014/14/made
And look at Schedule 5 part III. Each step of procedure is chargeable bout typically an HMO appeal would cost £3000 to £5000 on each side.
To get to see a case all you could do is go to the sheriff clerk and ask when a case is being heard. Note, however, that most cases settle before being heard by the court.
You could also look up past cases at www.scotcourts.gov.uk
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.