31090051

HI Me again, in 2011 I asked my solicitor on the advice of

HI
Me again, in 2011 I asked my solicitor on the advice of social work and police to seek a custody order for my son Ryan, I got a Decree of residence order against my wife Nicola, the order reads that Ryan McAteer to reside with the pursuer in terms of section 11 children (Scotland ) act 1995, Intedicted the defender from removing the child from the care and control of the pursuer, or outwith the Sherrifdom of Grampian Highlands and Islands, I thought I had a custody order, what is the difference between a residency order and a custody order,
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
There is no such thing as a custody order any more. The 1995 legislation provided for residence and contact orders which simply order where a child is to stay and to what extent the absent parent has contact.
Orders for custody and access are longer competent under the law of Scotland.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.