31090051

If "Terms £ Conditions" are presented on-line in such small

If "Terms £ Conditions" are presented on-line in such small print, that even on a 21 inch screen, even with a magnifying device I found it very difficult to read aged 68, can these "T&Cs" be judged unreasonable and therefore I car expect my money to be refunded, or replacement goods ( lost rail tickets bought on line) supplied? The "T&Cs" say lost tickets will not be replaced. How would even a much younger person buying on a smart phone or tablet be expected to read?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
On a tablet it's possible to magnify small print. However, your point is a good one, you can't accept terms and conditions that you can't read. However, if you clicked a button saying that you had read and accepted the terms and conditions, you are deemed to have read and accepted them.
Check whether this is fact is the case. if not, you can make your argument that the terms and conditions don't apply.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Your suspicions are correct. I did click that I had read them, when in fact I had only done so after the "event". I accept your advice and will now write to East Coast, if only to cause them more aggro and possibly expense, suggesting that legal advice is that they should arrange to display their Ts & Cs better. On a maybe similar note it has been established that car parking Ts & Cs limiting free parking limited to 2 hours, fixed to a pole 10 feet up in small print is unreasonable and any penalty is invalid. I forgot to say I tried my home insurance, but the excess exceeded the ticket value, and the credit card company weren't interested. I am satisfied with your advice and happy to pay your fee.

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your reply.