31090051

Hi i need help re online harrassment / false claims

Category: Scots Law
Expert:  taratill replied 2 years ago.
taratill :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Please can you explain the situation in more detail?

Customer:

Hi ,

Customer:

Lat year i treated a client ( im a physio) and we had several tratment sessions and also a couple of treatments at my home. Something i do at times.

Customer:

She started being suggestive and we did exchange some txt , probably innappropriate and i then decided we had to stop txting and indeed me treating her. She has since txt , and emailed saying we had sex and now been emailing my wife saying we had sex at my home and treatment clinic. I did treat her and exchange some txts but stopped before anything happened. She is not happy with this and has been harassing me.

Customer:

my wife doesnt know about this yet.

Customer:

do i go to police , my wife is in the police or do i instruct alawyer to write to her/

Customer:

The female in question has a confirmed bi-polar medical confition, and i am extremely worried

taratill :

Hi this is not really my area of expertise so I will opt out for someone else to help you.

taratill :

You do not need to reply and someone will pick it up.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
There are steps you can take in court to prevent this type of harassment. They are expensive but in my experience, and I have dealt with several similar cases for professionals such as you, a letter from a solicitor usually stops this behaviour without having to go to court especially when the other person is told that costs will be sought against them.
In addition any allegations which are untrue can be treated as defamatory and again are actionable.
I would suggest that you see a solicitor and ask that a letter is written to this person in suitable terms and that typically will be an end of matters.
Happy to discuss further.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Experience: 30 years as a practising solicitor.