31090051

I have a similar question to the one re Behar Carpets. I ordered

I have a similar question to the one re Behar Carpets. I ordered a carpet on 16th October and paid £500 deposit by Visa Debit card. On sevral occasions I called to be advised the carpet would arive 'Next week'. Yesterday I went to the store to demand my money back as I believe they are in breach of contract. I was informed the original company was Clyde Carpet & Flooring and they are in liquidation. The new company is F2G Retail Sales Ltd. I have been informed they will not refund my money but will honour the original order but frankly I don't trust them. Is there anything I can do to cancel my order and get my original £500 returned?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
If the company with whom you contracted is in liquidation the only way towards getting your money back is to make a claim in the liquidation but as you will know, it's very unlikely there will be sufficient assets to pay you and all the others in the same situation.
Nor can you insist that the "new" company fulfil the order as you have no contract with them, even if they do say that they will fulfil the order.
Your best course of action is the one you are taking and that is to try to get the money back from your bank.
Happy to discuss further.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.