31090051

hi I am about t go ahead with a trust deed, I do not own the

hi I am about t go ahead with a trust deed, I do not own the house I live it it is in my husbands name & he pays the mortgage
I signed paper work with a Glasgow Law firm Wylie Bisset, the guy said I wasn't on the land register but on the trust deed the wording is
Heritable Estate
My hertitable estate ( including my dwelling house in terms of section 5( 4A)(b)(I) of the 1985 Act is not applicable.
I take this to mean that the house is included in the Trust Deed agreement
Sorry but I really don't understand the wording
Can u please tell me what it means?
I signed it on the 25th Nov am I right to think I have a cooling off period of 1 week
so that would be the 2nd DEC
THANK YOU
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
From what you say they have written down "not applicable" as regards ***** ***** which would accord with the fact that the house is not yours and has nothing to do with the trust deed. The section of the Act referred to relates to special rules concerning a family home. Again they don't apply to you.
There is no statutory cooling off period but in practice the firm you have chosen do implement a cooling off period if you look at their website here:
http://www.trust-deed.co.uk/chris_wardle_interview.php
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.