31090051

Hi My un married daughter made the mistake of adding her

Hi My un married daughter made the mistake of adding her ex partners name to her childs birth certificate. They seperated 6 and a half years ago (child is 7yrs). We are aware of parental responsibility law which prevents name change till 16yrs. (Ex partner is uncooperative and never sees child) Question - His primary school state he must currently be called by his fathers surname which is causing him confusion and upset as he does not know his father. Father spends as much time in gaol as walking the streets. Is it possible to complete a document which requires the school to use a "known as" alternative surname, as opposed to a legal name change? I have heard there is a form supplied by Registry Office?

Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
The school can't dictate to your daughter in this way. She can write to the school and insist that she wishes her son to be known by her surname and the school has to respect that.
Happy to discuss further.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Do you know if there is a special form?

We can write a letter but I was left wondering.

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
No, there is no form that I am aware of.