31090051

My aunt died in Glasgow 9 months ago. She left a will naming

My aunt died in Glasgow 9 months ago. She left a will naming her sister who lives in Canada as executor. Her estate consisted of £25000+ cash on deposit and a house valued around £100K. The house is still for sale. All legal aspects are concluded with probate. In her will I and my daughter were to receive a nominal sum (£2500 in total between us) from estate. The executor has not released the payments, the solicitor in Scotland has reported insufficient funds to make payments. What is my position, can I formally request payments of sums due (I have already asked this of solicitor which generated no funds response) as I suspect my other aunt has removed all money from estate and exported it to Canada.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
You can call the executor to account and sue for payment of necessary. If a solicitor was involved, why did he release all the funds to the executor. That is unusual unless the solicitor didn't deal with the ingathering of the estate.
Do you have any more information that might help?
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.