31090051

My partner just moved back to scotland to stay. Her daughter(34)

Customer Question

My partner just moved back to scotland to stay. Her daughter(34) suffers from MS and she wants her to join her permanent in scotland. Is this possible? Thankyou in advance
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
(i) if her daughter is living alone outside the United Kingdom in the most exceptional compassionate circumstances; and
(ii) is joining or accompanying a person who is present and settled in the United Kingdom or who is on the same occasion being admitted for settlement; and
(iii) is financially wholly or mainly dependent on the relative present and settled in the United Kingdom; and
(iv) can, and will, be accommodated adequately, together with any dependants, without recourse to public funds, in accommodation which the sponsor owns or occupies exclusively; and
(iv) can, and will, be maintained adequately, together with any dependants, without recourse to public funds; and
(v) has no other close relatives in his own country to whom he could turn for financial support; and
(vi) if seeking leave to enter, holds a valid United Kingdom entry clearance for entry in this capacity; and
(vii) does not fall for refusal under the general grounds for refusal.
Then an application can be made for her to join her mother in the UK.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.