31090051

In Scotland, if a property (land) has no owners and the Registers

In Scotland, if a property (land) has no owners and the Registers of Scotland have no records for it, stating they consider it to fall into the property stock of the local authority, who owns it?
If the land is unowned as a result how can one obtain ownership of it legally?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Any land where there is no owner on record at the Registers of Scotland is owned by the Crown.
You could try to register of title to the land and then hold it for 10 years. If no one objects you would become the legal owner. That is called registering an "a non domino" title.
Alternatively you could contact the QLTR office which deals with property with no owner and ask them if they would sell it to you.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.