31090051

Good morning, I have been receiving letters parking

Customer Question

Good morning, I have been receiving letters for TNC parking services about a parking fine in Edinburgh. I have spoken to them twice explaining the situation (visiting friends with permission to park) but they are unwilling to listen. They work on behalf of P4 parking. I think this is extremely unfair and I do not intend to pay the fine, but what can I do?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Ignore all communications. This is a civil matter and the parking company would have to take you to court and prove their case that you're re the driver and that you knew of the restrictions. They won't be able to do so and I am unaware of any successful case in Scotland based on the facts you describe. They will continue to send letters, threats of debt action etc for a while. If you don't respond and just put them in the bin they will eventiully cease.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you very much for your prompt and helpful response. It is extremely helpful to have confirmation of my thoughts from a professional.

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
You're welcome.