31090051

my mortgage co have not taken my last 2 months payments, so

my mortgage co have not taken my last 2 months payments, so i called then to ask why, they told me it had been redeemed/paid off in full at a branch. i did not do this, so how do i stand if they have maid this mistake
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
If a mistake has been made, you are still liable and they could pursue you for any arrears. For that reason make sure that you put your mortgage payments into a separate bank account so that you know the money is there and ask them to investigate this again. They should be able to Say where the money came from to redeem the mortgage account. It is not unheard of that they apply the money to the wrong account and if this has happened they will reverse the transaction and look to you to bring the account up to date.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.