31090051

Does a child born out of mariage in scotland in 1957 but whose

Does a child born out of mariage in scotland in 1957 but whose fathers name (the declarant) appear on his birth certificate, registered in 1965, has a right of inheritance to his father's succession (succession opened in 2014) ?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Yes, children born out of wedlock can inherit their parents' estate as long as the parents died after 1968.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I would have appreciated to obtain a reference to the law which so enabled children born out of wedlock to inherit.

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Originally the Law Reforrm (Miscellaneous Provisions) (Scotland) Act 1968, however now the Law Reform (Parent and Child) (Scotland) Act 1986 are the references you request.