31090051

Is there a law in Scotland to forbid neighbours (directly across)

Is there a law in Scotland to forbid neighbours (directly across) from me using my drive to reverse her car? Please help.
Ellen McCullagh
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Yes, there is the common law of nuisance, which says that one neighbour isn't allowed to do anything that is a nuisance to others. This is often stated in the title deeds to neighbouring properties as well.
There is also the law of property. One person isn't allowed to use another's property without the permission of the other.
Your remedy is to go to court for an order for interdict preventing the behaviour complained of.
Happy to discuss further.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.