31090051

A lady was living with me in excess of two years, she moved

A lady was living with me in excess of two years, she moved out on the 4th October 2014. I`m a farmer she is now claiming she worked on the farm and is claiming a £20,000.00 settlement. She did help me with small jobs as I did for her. She worked as a part time teacher, I gave her a £100.00 for shopping and I paid for all utility bills. Have I a case to answer. Jim
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
She has no claim unless she suffered financial disadvantage and gained a financial advantage. From what you say she has no claim. See online section 28 of the Family Law (Scotland) Act 2006 about this. Also the case of Gow v Grant, Supreme Court judgement.
There is nothing you have said that would suggest she is entitled to be compensated.
Happy to discuss further.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.