31090051

We have CCTV cameras installed by a company called Citycam

Customer Question

We have CCTV cameras installed by a company called Citycam CCTV working out of*****Alexandria G83 0Ea.....we bought a warranty( 12 months fully comprehensive on site on complete system from 9th may2014) and paid £358.80. We have left numerous messages on their messaging service and today the owner hung up when he recognised my voice when I called on my mobile.....I always used my landline previously and the calls have been ignored.
Previous history .....they tried to rectify problem by taking over our computer remotely but to no avail....said they would send Engineer months ago....still no sign or contact from them....we live in Aberdeen but when we purchased the warranty they said that would be no problem as they did a lot of work in the area. Where do we stand and how do we deal with this company? Thankyou. Christine Lakin....please use *****@******.***
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
You give them one further chance to do the work under the warranty. If they refuse you get the work done by another party, pay that party, get a receipt and then sue them for breach of warranty and damages for the amount it cost you.
Happy to discuss further.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.