31090051

My partner's application settlement was rejected

My partner's application for marriage settlement was rejected as there wasn't enough documentation regarding accommodation or his english language ability. For the appeal, I have official deeds and land plan from the land registry which shows the house is in mine (the sponsor) and my mother's name. For english he has certified copies of his BA in English Language and Literature and a letter from his university confirming that his course was all in English. Is all this enough? Do I need to get photographs of my house verified? If so, how?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
The English language certificates are sufficient, either the originals of notarised copies.
The title deeds of the house should be accompanied by bills or letters addressed to you so that it can be established that you live in the house as well as own it.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.